Thursday, July 5, 2007

July 4 in Nha Trang, Vietnam




The cycling part of my Vietnam trip came to an end this week as we arrived in Nha Trang. We cycled 100k the last day, and even though it was not the hardest terrain on the tour (18k of straight downhill!) it felt like a real accomplishment. The great staff at World Expeditions/Buffalo Tours put on a celebration for us as we arrived in town. Above, you can see me with Mr. Chung, our coach and mechanic on the left, and Mr. Loc, our guide on the right. Mr. Chung is 53 years old and he is one of the top cyclists in Vietnam!


On July 4, we spent the day on the beach in Nha Trang, and took a boat tour around the bay.

Later, some of the girls went for a ride on a banana boat and we did not get thrown off!

I had to go all over town to find sparklers so I could celebrate with my new Australian friends. I finally found them at a wedding cake store. I think everyone liked them.

The next and last post of the trip will be on Saigon, as I am headed home soon.

Happy Fourth of July all!

No comments: