Saturday, October 27, 2007

Where the Heck Have I Been?


Hi Everyone...

It's been brought to my attention that certain folks (not to mention names but specifically Paul Walker from GCI) feel that I have been ignoring the blog. I logged on today and was horrified to see that I have made no posts for more than 3 weeks! So, I suppose I am guilty as charged.

I feel I owe my loyal blog readers, if there are any left, some type of explanation. So here goes:

Excuse #1: Interrupted travel plans. I was planning a post in mid-October on my trip to Portland and Seattle. Unfortunately, this journey had to be called off at the last minute due to, how do I put this nicely - booting. It seems that 24 hours before the flight, I was struck with some dreaded stomach bug. I think I got it from a porta potty on the Riverside golf course, but will provide no further details. I have rescheduled my trip to the west coast for December.

Excuse #2: The Great American Novel. I'm about 2/3 of the way through my book. I know you'll ask what it's about, and it is NOT about my family so all you blood relatives can stop worrying. I'm creating a fictitious company caught up in the internet bubble. I've hired an editor on my own dime and have been attending the St. David's Writers' group. If you're a literary agent and you want to take a look, you can email me at gretchen2dot0@austin.rr.com. Expected completion is January 1, 2008.

Excuse #3: Golf. I have continued to practice and play golf and I'm happy to report I am marginally better. Only marginally though. A throw down match with Figueroa and Bowins is scheduled for this Thursday, November 1 if Bowins does not wuss out. Maybe I will post the results on the blog.

Excuse #4: Football. For those of you not following the SEC greats of our time, tonight is the showdown at Neyland Stadium between the Tennessee Volunteers (Go Vols!) and the South Carolina Gamecocks. I am in Knoxville for the aforementioned match and will be there to root on the team.

Excuse #5: More travel! The trip to Fiji, Australia and New Zealand has been set for February/March 2008. Travel companions include Sharon and Andrea and (we hope) Corey and Mike. On deck in the near future are Vegas, Pawleys Island, and Portland/San Franscisco.

In short, these are all lame excuses and I know that. I will redouble my efforts to post and get back to this soon. Look for a post on Hiking in the Smokies: Redux very soon. This post will also contain my analysis of the football game in question, now less than four hours away.

1 comment:

paulwalker said...

Welcome back! I told Figueroa he better get some ladies involved if he wants Bowins to actually show up at the course:). Have fun.